The benefits for using recycle fibers are multiple:
Benefits during cotton cultivation and production in conventional cotton vs. recycled cotton
- There is a 55% reduction in water consumption compared to conventional cotton during the cotton cultivation and production.
- 35% reduction in greenhouse gas and CO2 emissions.
- 62% less energy consumption than conventional cotton.
- Conventional cotton uses about 16% of the world’s insecticides and 7% of pesticides.
Pros for using recycled polyester (from plastic bottles)
- The energy needed to make the rPET is less than what is needed to make the virgin polyester.
- Recycling PET to create the fabrics prevents it from going to landfills or oceans.
- Using more recycled polyester reduces our dependence on virgin petroleum as a raw material.
- Fabrics created from recycled polyester can be recycled again and again with no degradation of quality, allowing us to minimize wastage.
Width: 280 cm.
Composition: 46% cotton, 31% polyester, 23% linen. 77% recycled material.
Weight aprox.: 210 gr/m².
Uses: upholstery, cushions, bags, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
Minimum cut: 0,50 m.
Cut Size: We cut in 0,10 m increments (countinously).
1 yard is 36 inches long by 110 inches wide (width of fabric). For reference, 1 meter is about 1,09 yard (40 inches) so please order up or down for your sewing and crafting needs.
- Machine wash at 30ºC maximum.
- Iron at a maximum temperature of 150ºC.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not tumble dry.
There are 3 availability estimate definitions:
- In stock: The item is on hand in our warehouse and is expected to be prepared for shipment. You may see an estimate number of product availability.
- Available on backorder: This item is currently not in stock but it is available for ordering. The item will be ordered from a nearby distributor and is expected to be prepared for shipment within 2-3 weeks.
- Out of stock: This item is currently not available for ordering, and it may not be in stock again.